remove storymap heading

Jump to solution
12-21-2021 07:45 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any way of removing the storymap heading section?  Once a storymap has been embedded into a collection it seems like overkill to have the heading within the menu bar at the top (where it's really helpful); and again in very big letters below!

HelenCooper_0-1640101429498.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! That's the story cover. Just hover over the story in the collection builder overview page, click the gear, and then check the box to hide the cover.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.20.54 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep! That's the story cover. Just hover over the story in the collection builder overview page, click the gear, and then check the box to hide the cover.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.20.54 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
RichfieldMN
New Contributor II

There's no option to "Hide story cover" - Only options for Title and Thumbnail appears. Was this functionality removed? 

RichfieldMN_0-1668532443436.png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RichfieldMN -- No, this functionality wasn't removed. Is the item you are modifying a StoryMap? If so, did you add it from the ArcGIS Content option or the Embed option? The hide story cover option will only be available if you add the story via the ArcGIS Content option.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 2.58.33 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
RichfieldMN
New Contributor II

It was from Embed option. Thank you for clarifying it. I also have tried adding  header=flase&cover=false to the url parameter, and it also didn't work. https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/2b11e1577294491fafca8645945a586d?header=flase&cover=false

Is there a way we can remove header from StoryMapCollections? (Where different tabs show different embeded content similar to what we can currently do with the old map series story map?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RichfieldMN -- When adding a story via the Embed option you can add "?cover=false" to the URL to hide the cover. The header is already hidden when a story appears in a collection regardless of which way you add it.

There isn't currently a way to hide the header or cover for a collection since those elements are critical to navigation of the collection. If you want to start the collection showing the first item you can add add "?item=1" to the URL.

Owen Evans
RichfieldMN
New Contributor II

I didn't notice any change with "?cover=false"

As for "item=1" that's exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I would just need everything above the tabs to disappear. Is it possible? Thank you so much!

RichfieldMN_0-1668545454853.png

0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Fantastic - thanks @OwenGeo !

0 Kudos