Are some feature services shared among solutions by design?

Jump to solution
06-15-2022 07:58 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I am exploring the Tree Management Solution and the Citizen Problem Reporter Solution. I deployed each on to my Content. Tree Management first, Citizen Problem Reporter second. I noticed that the Requests feature layer is only present in Tree Management solution. Views were created in the Citizen Problem Reporter off that Requests feature service. Is this by design? Do all solutions share some common feature services?

request views.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @MikeOnzay,

This is by design, and not every solution has shared layers. 

In this scenario, Citizen Problem Reporter can be used by default to triage multiple types of requests, while the Tree Management can be used for targeted tree related issues. 

Hope this helps!

Andy

Andy Shoemaker

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mdagle
by
New Contributor

@MikeOnzay Yes, some Solutions share feature layers by design. The Requests layer is shared between Tree Management and CPR (and others). This is so the Tree Requests workflow included in Tree Management can be a subset an overall CPR system. Not all Solutions share a feature layer with other Solutions.

AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @MikeOnzay,

This is by design, and not every solution has shared layers. 

In this scenario, Citizen Problem Reporter can be used by default to triage multiple types of requests, while the Tree Management can be used for targeted tree related issues. 

Hope this helps!

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos