Use USNG for assigning damage assessment zones in the Damage Assessment solution.

07-14-2022 10:41 AM
Matt-Goodman
Occasional Contributor

Within the Damage Assessment Solution, the Damage Assessment Operations app includes the ability for the user ("assessment coordinator") to drag a marquee box over the points in order to generate a alpha-numeric grid that can be used to assign the points to users in the field. Instead of generating an arbitrary alpha-numeric grid overlay, could the assessment coordinator select USNG (MGRS) rectangles, at their choice of scale?

Tags (2)
2 Comments
JeremiahLindemann

Hi Matt-

You could do something similar. You could open the Damage Assessment Manager web map and add this Living Atlas layer to it: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=d96095fb637846889fb0e46ce69e3967

If you wanted to get specific for the folks doing the mobile work, fields could be added to the IndividualAssistance layer and assign the specific USNG info.

Happy to chat more about what you are doing with Damage Assessment.
THx

Jer

Matt-Goodman

@JeremiahLindemann: thanks for your response. I'm aware of ways I can utilize the USNG in my own workflows and use-cases....but my 'Idea' was submitted more in the hopes that the USNG would be institutionalized as the defacto grid system in Esri's off-the-shelf solution.