Runtime 100.15 and iOS 16

Jump to solution
09-20-2022 10:04 AM
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi,

I just want to check that Xcode 14 and iOS 16 are supported by 100.15.  We are building a final Xamarin Forms version of our apps based on 100.15.  I want to be sure of where we should stay for Xcode and iOS.

Thanks - Joe

@MichaelBranscomb 

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Joe,

We do plan to certify iOS 16 for 100.15, and similarly Android 12. We'll update this thread when that process is complete and update the System Requirements doc topics accordingly. Note we did test iOS 16 dev betas prior to the release of iOS 16 and didn't encounter any major issues, but unfortunately we do have to wait for the actual release and certify with that.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Hello Joe,

100.15 was released in August and iOS 16 was not available at the time of release. Therefore iOS 16 has not been certified with 100.15. 

Thanks,

Preeti

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there any plans to regression test it on iOS 16. 

These are the kind of things that make API users go mad.  You release a long term support version of the API in mid August.  It's not like it was unknown that Xcode 14 and iOS 16 were just around the corner.  So now I have to tell clients that we cannot update iOS to the latest major release until we migrate to Runtime 200 and MAUI.  Or deploy on an OS that is not officially supported.

-Joe

Thanks,
-Joe
MichaelBranscomb

Hi Joe,

We do plan to certify iOS 16 for 100.15, and similarly Android 12. We'll update this thread when that process is complete and update the System Requirements doc topics accordingly. Note we did test iOS 16 dev betas prior to the release of iOS 16 and didn't encounter any major issues, but unfortunately we do have to wait for the actual release and certify with that.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you @MichaelBranscomb I appreciate that this is in the short term plan.

Thanks - Joe

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
0 Kudos