RouteTask.SolveRouteAsync Error with curves and barriers

Jump to solution
08-30-2017 11:19 AM
TylerLawson
New Contributor III

Hello,

I recently came across an error while creating routes using RouteTask.SolveRouteAsync(routeParameters). If you include barriers in the routeParameters and one of the barriers intersects a shape containing curves (hasCurves = true), then it will error out and say "Not implemented: operation does not support curves yet".

I have come across this error previously when querying a featureLayer and got around it by using relationships that compare curveless geometries (i.e. envelopeIntersects() instead of Intersects()) however this does not seem to be a valid work-around for this situation since the route needs more precision than that and I have found no way to alter the way it calculates the route to avoid comparisions using curved geometries.

Does anyone know if there is any information on when this functionality (operation supporting curved geometries) might be available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

This should be resolved in the recent v100.2 release.

Please download the latest Visual Studio extension from ArcGIS for Developers or update your NuGet packages via the NuGet package manager.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ClayGinn
New Contributor II

I'm hoping to bump this up to the top again because nobody answered it the first time. How is this not a huge flaw in the routing system? There is no workaround because it concerns the curves on the streets and not the curves in the barriers. I have five polygon barriers that I have added to the RouteParameters and it can't return a route for anything because it says "operation does not support curves yet." When will it support curves? How about some kind of hotfix that will improve this?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Are you able to share your runtime network dataset? If not here, then via email (mbranscomb@esri.com) if less than 10MB, or alternatively a file share e.g. Box?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Thanks for the repro data/case. Unfortunately curves in street networks (or rather the underlying geometries) are not currently supported. It is on the roadmap for a future release, but I cannot provide a more specific version/date at this time.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
ClayGinn
New Contributor II

Not the answer I was hoping for, but glad to know that you're able to see the same thing. Please keep us informed when this might be fixed. 

Thanks,

Clay

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

This should be resolved in the recent v100.2 release.

Please download the latest Visual Studio extension from ArcGIS for Developers or update your NuGet packages via the NuGet package manager.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos