Magnifier selects incorrect location when using SketchEditor

Jump to solution
11-27-2018 10:01 AM
deleted-user-7asiru_Gs_LV
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am using version 100.4 of the .NET runtime.

I have noticed in several different applications that the magnifier does not work correctly when using the SketchEditor.  The issue is that the magnifier will always result in a new point being sketched in the top left corner of the visible map area, and not where the crosshairs are located.

Steps to Reproduce.

1). Start the SketchEditor in any editing mode.

2). Long press on the map to show the magnifier

Test app with SketchEditor enabled

3). Move the magnifier from its initial location

4). Remove your finger

Notice that a point was not sketched at the last location of the magnifier crosshairs, but instead in the top left corner of the visible map area.

I am wondering if there is there a way to workaround this?

EDIT: I tested the magnifier in the same application with version 100.3 of the runtime and it worked, so it would seem this issue was introduced in version 100.4

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonyWakim
Esri Contributor

Jeff,

I am not able to reproduce this behavior with our current development build;  this issue should be resolved with the next release.  Please test again with the next release when it is out.
Thanks,
Tony Wakim
Esri - ArcGIS Runtime .Net

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for reporting this. We are able to reproduce the bug and have logged an issue that when magnifier is moved before touch is released, the vertex added is top-left corner. We'll have to prioritize a fix for the next release. Are you able to wait for the proper fix? At the moment, I cannot offer you a straightforward workaround. You may call SketchEditor.MoveSelectedVertex to update its location but there's work yet to be done to get the proper location. Thanks.

0 Kudos
TonyWakim
Esri Contributor

Jeff,

I am not able to reproduce this behavior with our current development build;  this issue should be resolved with the next release.  Please test again with the next release when it is out.
Thanks,
Tony Wakim
Esri - ArcGIS Runtime .Net
deleted-user-7asiru_Gs_LV
New Contributor II

I've tested this out with version 100.5 and it appears to be fixed.

Thanks!