Java SDK support for aarch64 on Linux

12-01-2022 08:13 AM
Ken_E
by
New Contributor

I am trying to integrate the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java (v. 200.0) into an application running on Ubuntu 20.04 ARM (running on NVIDA Orin).  The platform is aarch64.  This architecture is available for Mac M1, but the Linux (LX64) version only supports x86_64.  Is there any plans to create an arm version of the LX64 libraries?  The embedded beta for QT includes the runtime.so for ARM but of course, not the Java runtime so.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Ken_E 

You are actually the first person who ask about ARM on Linux.  I can certainly look into getting an extra build server to make .so binaries to support this platform and include this as part of the product in a future release.

I'd like to find out more about your use-case so I've sent you a DM with my email address.

Thanks

Mark

seanlwl
New Contributor

Hi @MarkBaird 

I am happy to learn that  esri is going to support arcgis sdk for java on ARM Linux box.  I hope this feature could be supported in the next release.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@seanlwl as a development project I have had this working on a ARM Linux box and even had it working on a Raspberry Pi 4 which was quite exciting.

As for releasing this officially it needs customer demand so we can prioritise this with other development projects.  Are you in direct contact with anyone at Esri about his already?  Maybe you could DM me so we can talk about what you are wanting this for.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@seanlwl I've sent you a DM with my email address.  I'd like to find out more about your ARM Linux requirement.

0 Kudos