Hello, I developed an simple AR application using arcgis-runtime-toolkit-android, and found that it cannot call the camera on Android 11 when I have given the app all the camera permission, just got black screen. But it worked fine on previous versions, such as Android 9 and 10.
How to get the ar app work on Android 11? Look forward to some useful advice, thanks!
We were unable to reproduce this problem on Android 11. Could you share some more info with us, such as:
- Is it not working on other Android 11 devices/emulators either
- What version of toolkit are you using
- Details on how you grant the camera permissions
- What error are you getting
Thanks for your reply. I'll answer the questions above one by one:
-Yes , devices I've tested including SumSung Note20 and Mi 10s with Android 11 system, and reproduced the problem.
- The version of toolkit I used is 100.11.
- When granting the camera permissions, this is the manifest:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
And dynamically apply for camera permissions in the code.
Then after installing the ar app for the first time, tick all permissions to agree to use the camera.
- Just got black background on the screen, no other errors are prompted.