Subtypes and Project User Input

Jump to solution
12-06-2022 05:49 AM
Labels (1)
JamesTurner2
New Contributor III

I have a feature class that uses subtypes and domains. The domains are assigned by subtype. I am working on a quick capture project to collect polyline data for one subtype in the feature class. When I set up the buttons, I use a fixed value to define the subtype (I can't seem to find another way to do it). I expected QC to recognize the subtype and allow me to choose it from a drop down, similar to coded value domains. I want to use the domains specific to the subtype for project user input. It doesn't seem like there is a way to access the domains subtype-specific domains. 

For example, I am collecting line data for trails. I have two subtypes, motorized and non-motorized trails. In the feature class, if you select motorized trails, the use_type field will have a domain that lists motorized uses (atv, snowmobile, etc.), if you select non-motorized trails a different domain is used (hiking, biking, etc.). When I assign the subtype value to motorized, I don't have an option to use any coded value domains in the other fields. The domains occasionally change, so ideally they should be linked to the domains in the feature class rather than a static csv or something.

Is there anyway to do this? It doesn't seem like subtypes with domains are well supported in Quick Capture yet.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James, no QuickCapture does not recognise subtypes. If this is a requirement for you, then please raise it as an idea through the QuickCapture ideas page.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi James, no QuickCapture does not recognise subtypes. If this is a requirement for you, then please raise it as an idea through the QuickCapture ideas page.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos