QuickCapture crashes on splash screen on iPad Mini (5th gen) version 14.7.1

08-16-2021 06:04 AM
WillHouston
New Contributor III

When I tried to open QuickCapture on an iPad Mini (5th gen) version 14.7.1 this morning, it would hit the splash screen then close after a few seconds. There were no logs recorded as far as I could tell. I tried restarting the iPad to no avail. The iPad had been updated last week, and I do not believe I used QuickCapture between the system update and today. It was crashing before and after I applied the August 2021 update. I had made no changes to any QuickCapture projects.

To resolve I reinstalled QuickCapture.

edit: as AndrewDeLuca pointed out in a comment, this is not a permanent fix. I was able to use it for over an hour without issue, but it started crashing again.

Tags (2)
27 Replies
WillHouston
New Contributor III

Not actually a question post.

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

Hi Will,

I had a user express the same issue was happening to their Ipad Mini in almost the same exact scenario you described. I went through the typical troubleshooting process and found the re-install worked as you again described. However, after about 20 minutes of using the app in the field, my field worker said the issue was happening again. Again we reinstalled, and again 20 mins later she reported the problem. Has the re-install been a permanent solution for you so far?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
WillHouston
New Contributor III

I was able to take it out for 60 to 90 minutes yesterday without any problems. I probably never changed apps that entire time. Just for fun, I tried to launch the app again and… it crashed. So that was not a permanent solution for me either. I will have to wait until tomorrow to take a look at this or talk to esri.

0 Kudos
WillHouston
New Contributor III

I opened a case with esri regarding this issue.

WillHouston
New Contributor III

Is your field worker using an external location provider? Is it a Trimble R2?

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

We are using an external location provider: Arrow 100 from EOS Positioning Systems.

WillHouston
New Contributor III

The crash seems to be related to the external location providers. I have notified Esri with a more detailed reproduction; hopefully they can get a fix out soon. Thank you!

AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

I appreciate you going through the ticket process! Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

Has ESRI created a bug report for this issue? I would like to track it to keep my field worker informed of updates. Thanks!

0 Kudos