No images visible in the Oriented Imagery viewer

01-10-2022 04:16 AM
Labels (1)
sytsedevries
New Contributor III

I have added a layer with oriented images in QuickCapture Designer

I have viewed the oriented imagery in the viewer (see the image in this post).

The problem is: i see no images, because the images are saved local

What do i have to see the 360 image?

For example is it possible to make a connection in ArcGIS pro with a free webcloud, onedrive (web)  or dropbox (web)?

Or do you have other suggestions?

Oriented_imagery_not_visible.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

>>> I have added a layer with oriented images in QuickCapture Designer

How did you create this layer? 

>>>The problem is: i see no images, because the images are saved local

Looking at the path on the message in your screen shot.. you have the path to the image beginning with FA? This keyword is used when oriented imagery attaches an image to a feature layer.  it removes the path to the image.  but your message shows that there is the key word and the path to the image. 

>>> For example is it possible to make a connection in ArcGIS pro with a free webcloud, onedrive (web)  or dropbox (web)?

You can use things like onedrive but you will have to make sure your images public. The path has to be added to the image field in the attribute table of the Oriented Imagery Catalog. The path to the images need to be accessible at all times and should be a direct path to the image. The site that you are using to share the images should also have download permissions.  Our recommendations for cloud based storage is Amazon S3 or Azure. The other thing you can do is add the images as attachments to the OIC layer. 

sytsedevries
New Contributor III

Thankyou Randall Rebello for your response.

>>>How did you create this layer? 

Workflow

I have used tools from the toolbox: ManageOrientedImagery

1 I have first made a Oriented Imagery catalog. After that i have add the images (from my local) in the oriented imagery catalog (OIC).  (see the settings of the tool below)

sytsedevries_0-1641888910353.png

Edit the properties of your OIC using a geoprocessing tool.

3 Create coverage features, which represent the coverage of each image on the map.

4 Create a coverage map, which is a vector tile package file of the coverage features created in the last step. 

Finally i have publisched the layer as feature layer in ArcGIS online with the tool Publisch Oriented Imagery Catalog, where i can open it in Quick Capture. In Quick Capture was a feature layer avaiable

I have used the next source for the workflow:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/tutorials/creating-an-oriented-imagery-catalog.htm

>>>You can use things like onedrive but you will have to make sure your images public. The path has to be added to the image field in the attribute table of the Oriented Imagery Catalog. The path to the images need to be accessible at all times and should be a direct path to the image. The site that you are using to share the images should also have download permissions.  Our recommendations for cloud based storage is Amazon S3 or Azure. The other thing you can do is add the images as attachments to the OIC layer. 

Amazon S3 or Azure is not possible for me, because it is not free

I want to use it with dropbox 

How can i make a connection with arcgispro and the webfolder of dropbox?

I want to open my dropbox folder (from web) in the ArcGIS catalog

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

HI

We dont have a direct way of making this happen because dropbox is an API based cloud storage. It allows access via a web app or an application. 

My suggestion add your image as attachments to the feature layer. 

0 Kudos
sytsedevries
New Contributor III

Hello RendallRebello, 

I have done it again. I have add my image as attachments.

See below my result. 

The oriented imagery is not nice 

What can i do to improve the oriented imagery?

sytsedevries_0-1641973326141.png

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi 

What is the OIType in the attribute table? Also can you run the properties GPTool to see what is the OIType defined in the properties. 
Can you also show me what are the values in the attribute table. 

Randall

0 Kudos
sytsedevries
New Contributor III

Hello Randal,

Thank you, for your fast response!

OItype is B

See below a part of the atribute table of the feature layer of the exposure points

sytsedevries_0-1641982118091.png

What can i do to improve?

Sytse

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi, 

Can you have a look at the OIC Properties. See what default values are defined for this OIC. 

HFOV = 360 

VFOV = 180 

CamPitch = 90 

CamRoll = 0 

AvgHtAG = 2 or 3 

NearDit = 0.5 or 1 

FarDist = 10 to 20 

OIType = 'B'' 

After changing the OIC paramters make sure to re load the OIC and that the OIC is published. 

Randall 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Steve 

Did this work? 

Randall

0 Kudos
OladapoSatiregun
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a problem with my oriented image viewer.

I was able to complete the process of creating the OIC, load the image, create the feature; create the map and publish. 

But when I load it in the viewer my coverage map is far from my current view. 

Image is from camera mount on helicopter. The HFOV and VFOV, near and far distance are defined by me. 

Please any help to make sure my current view in the image match my coverage map would be helpful

0 Kudos