Crew using "Collect" on map instead of QuickCapture

Jump to solution
09-27-2022 04:03 PM
Labels (1)
TracySmith2
New Contributor II

I have workers on pipeline mowing and installing signs.  They use Quick Capture OR/AND "Collect" on the map to show work progress, start location, location of installed signs.  By analyzing time stamps I can tell they are adding data directly to the map after or before work windows while not physically on location.  I use this data to monitor hours worked.  

Is there a way to disable collecting directly to the map (only use QuickCapture, therefore making them only able to add points while physically on the pipeline) but allow them to view the map (for navigating) after they have dropped the QuickCapture points.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @TracySmith2 

I am not sure what you mean by using "COLLECT" on the map. ArcGIS QuickCapture, to my knowledge, does not have any button called "COLLECT" anywhere. May be you are using some other application? Can you share a screenshot of that "COLLECT" button? I may be missing something obvious in QuickCapture.

If anything, may be you want to make sure people can't move a point while in the map? Just to make sure, go into the QuickCapture designer, select your project and open the Settings panel as shown below. At the bottom, you will find an option to allow, or not, people moving points while in the map.

IsmaelChivite_0-1664326828894.png

Disabling location edits will just prevent users from being able to move collected data while in the map. The map will continue to be available and display your web map or offline map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @TracySmith2 

I am not sure what you mean by using "COLLECT" on the map. ArcGIS QuickCapture, to my knowledge, does not have any button called "COLLECT" anywhere. May be you are using some other application? Can you share a screenshot of that "COLLECT" button? I may be missing something obvious in QuickCapture.

If anything, may be you want to make sure people can't move a point while in the map? Just to make sure, go into the QuickCapture designer, select your project and open the Settings panel as shown below. At the bottom, you will find an option to allow, or not, people moving points while in the map.

IsmaelChivite_0-1664326828894.png

Disabling location edits will just prevent users from being able to move collected data while in the map. The map will continue to be available and display your web map or offline map.

0 Kudos
TracySmith2
New Contributor II

That is a good tip, thank you. 

And, yes I was not clear.  We also use Field Maps.  You can "collect" anything enabled on a layer as long as it's set up that way. You know the small blue "plus" + button at the bottom of your map on Field Maps?