ArcGIS Pro Production Mapping: Poduction PDF color separation

Jump to solution
12-21-2021 09:22 PM
StefanDieters1
New Contributor III

I am trying to scope out Production Mapping with ArcGIS Pro. We are currently using ArcMap Production Mapping to do only one task: produce color separated PDF files with production PDF. These are used  by our commercial printing company for our final maps.

Is there an equivalent command/process in ArcGIS Pro version of Production Mapping?

Or can the color management features with spot color control in ArcGIS Pro produce such color separated PDF files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Stefan

In ArcMap, the Production PDF exporter was used to convert color to spot-color for a color separated PDF.  In ArcGIS Pro, spot-color is a color type that is defined in a style and applied to symbols in the style, map, and layout.

From catalog view, you can use the Replace colors tool to update the symbols in a map, layout, or style to spot-colors.  Once this is completed the standard PDF exporter will produce a color separated PDF.   Color management profiles are not necessary to produce a color separated PDF.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Bo King

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Stefan

In ArcMap, the Production PDF exporter was used to convert color to spot-color for a color separated PDF.  In ArcGIS Pro, spot-color is a color type that is defined in a style and applied to symbols in the style, map, and layout.

From catalog view, you can use the Replace colors tool to update the symbols in a map, layout, or style to spot-colors.  Once this is completed the standard PDF exporter will produce a color separated PDF.   Color management profiles are not necessary to produce a color separated PDF.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Bo King