ModelBuilder Output is empty

09-08-2021 07:17 AM
GISLearner
New Contributor III

I built a model builder to automate a process I run weekly. It's a few tools running after each other and then two sources are merged in a spatial join and then table to table is run to get a csv output. When I run the model, the text columns in the output return no value, they are empty. These columns are not calculated in the process, they're included with the input. But the column I'm calculating in the process is coming out with correct values. however, all other text data that is an input for the model is not coming out in the output, but I need it. I'm not sure what the issue here with the model. Any tips or advice would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

possibly look at the field mapping in the spatial join.

0 Kudos
GISLearner
New Contributor III

The field mapping looks fine. It's pulling in all the columns and they're tied to the correct dataset. To build the model, I ran the entire process manually and then pulled in the tools using history so that the field mapping and other settings are pulled into the model builder tool.

I was facing issues with the gdb location for the intermediate data so I put in %scratchGDB%. The datasets in the field mapping show up as: C:Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Tmp\ArcGISProTemp###\hashes\scratch.gdb\Properties

Do you think this could be causing the issue?

0 Kudos
Tony_DLR22
New Contributor III

Similar issues a couple weeks ago. "Refreshing" the field mapping on the tool(s) fixed the issue for us.

0 Kudos
GISLearner
New Contributor III

When are you refreshing? Every time before you the run the tool? Also, what did you use as the database (output location for intermediate data) in your tools? Thanks!

0 Kudos