Save only a single edit operation and not all outstanding edits

05-19-2022 11:11 AM
DaveLewis73
Occasional Contributor

Is there is a way to save a single edit operation without saving all outstanding edits?  I am creating a new feature class and layer in an edit operation and all I want to do is save that specific edit operation.  I don’t want to save any other edits that the user may have made, because I don’t want to assume that they want all their edits saved.  Is this just the way things work in Pro, which is not how it was in ArcGIS Desktop?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Save works at the edit session level. This is the same as was the case in Arcmap. The difference with Pro is that, under the covers, u can have multiple edit sessions active across multiple workspaces/datastores. In Arcmap there could only be one.

0 Kudos
DaveLewis73
Occasional Contributor

Charlie,

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately, I must be missing something, because I can only see how to save edits on the entire project.  This saves all edits and not just the ones for the feature class that I have created.  I am not sure how to save on the edit session level without saving everything that is outstanding.  I apologize in advance if I am overlooking how to do this.

0 Kudos