What is this, and how do I turn it off?

Jump to solution
10-18-2021 08:21 AM
Labels (1)
StuartBricker
New Contributor III

Recently when attempting to create features, a little box showing vertices appears under the cursor. One day, it just started happening. I find it very distracting and it obfuscates the features that I am trying to edit. How do I turn this off? I do not recall ever turning it on to begin with.

capture.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That box typically appears when holding the T key. Can you try pressing T to see if the box goes away?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That box typically appears when holding the T key. Can you try pressing T to see if the box goes away?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
StuartBricker
New Contributor III

Thank you @jcarlson. That did the trick. Very odd that the box would consistently appear all the time. However, it no longer does. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@StuartBricker There was a bug where undocking the Python window would cause the T key to persist the vertices being shown. A very odd bug, but it has been addressed in the next release of ArcGIS Pro 2.9 (still unreleased but coming soon).

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear it! There are a few other key shortcuts where something causes the key to get "stuck", but usually pressing it again does the trick, it's just a matter of knowing which key to press. Glad to hear from @Scott_Harris that a fix is already on the way, too!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
StuartBricker
New Contributor III

Thank you again for your quick reply. It definitely helped preserve my sanity! I continue to be thoroughly impressed with this community. I am glad to know that a fix is forthcoming, and that I can address the issue if it happens again.

0 Kudos