Weird Feature Service Feature Class display behaviour

Jump to solution
10-24-2021 08:54 AM
Labels (2)
Manu
by
Occasional Contributor

I have a Feature Service Feature Class with polygons hosted on ArcGIS Online in my desktop project. When I draw new polygons, they often disappear. Usually, I can see most of the polygons of the layer but the newest ones are missing. Sometimes they appear when I zoom in or out, but they are only displayed at a certain zoom factor (when I roll one step further in or out on the mouse, they disappear). The zoom factor at which they are shown appears to be random since it differs between different polygons of the exact same Feature Service Feature Class layer. Sometimes it appears to help when I save the project. When I created the layers online, I made sure I selected the extent of the map where the polygons should be created. What is going on with ArcGIS Pro?

I attached a screenshot from an area zoomed in and zoomed out a bit.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A couple of things come into my mind (not sure if that'll work).

1. Clear Feature Layer cache (Layer Properties > Cache > Click "Clear Cache"), as well as Display Cache (Project > Options > Display > Check "Clear Cache"). Restart ArcGIS Pro.

2. Ensure the Feature Layer coordinate system and the map coordinate system are same.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A couple of things come into my mind (not sure if that'll work).

1. Clear Feature Layer cache (Layer Properties > Cache > Click "Clear Cache"), as well as Display Cache (Project > Options > Display > Check "Clear Cache"). Restart ArcGIS Pro.

2. Ensure the Feature Layer coordinate system and the map coordinate system are same.

Think Location
Manu
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks; it appears "clear cache" solved the issue. The cache was shown to be > 8 GB which might have caused some features to not be displayed properly.

0 Kudos