update the GDB_TO_DATE to current record

Jump to solution
10-13-2021 04:12 PM
JimWilliams
New Contributor III

Hello,

A user has deleted some data. The current feature class has archiving enabled. I can find the data in the Archived class, but I am unsure how to go about updating the record so it can be marked as current. In theory I can do this by updating the GDB_TO_DATE to mm/dd/9999. Which should mark the record as the most recent record. First can you edit the data in an archived feature class? Second is there a tool or a built in process to "recover" the deleted records?

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jim - so in my study of this question and workflow - the Archive help document has a note that says - "directly modifying the archive class can lead to inconsistencies within the archived data.  Using ArcGIS, access to the archive class is read-only."  To recover lost data, more likely you have to contact your DBA to restore the database from an incremental backup - say the day before the deletion occurred.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Jim - so in my study of this question and workflow - the Archive help document has a note that says - "directly modifying the archive class can lead to inconsistencies within the archived data.  Using ArcGIS, access to the archive class is read-only."  To recover lost data, more likely you have to contact your DBA to restore the database from an incremental backup - say the day before the deletion occurred.

JimWilliams
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the reply. I thought that might be the case that is why I was hoping for a tool or a approved method to do this. Maybe I will have to submit this as an idea to esri. All the required components seems to be there to restore a specific record.

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos