Update availability (ArcGIS Pro 2.1)

01-31-2018 08:27 AM
DavidHofmann
New Contributor III

Hello,

ESRI anounced, that ArcGIS 2.1 is available since 17.01.2018. By installed version ist 2.0.1 and checks for updates everytime I start the program. But there ist still written, that my ArcGIS Pro version is current.

How could that be? Is ist possible, that the update is only released in other countries?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

I was checking the other day, and if I recall correctly, I saw the message "Update service is disabled temporarily" from the Esri side....or something on those lines....Maybe they have disabled the update for some reason...

Kory Kramer

Edit: It's working now...so that won't be an issue anymore... 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Are you signed in to the ArcGIS Online organization that hosts your Pro licenses?

0 Kudos
DavidHofmann
New Contributor III

Yes, I'm signed in.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you check your My Esri for your organization to see if it is there under downloads?

0 Kudos
DavidHofmann
New Contributor III

There ist only ArcGIS Pro Version 1.4 downloadable.

It is not possible to chance the Version at the download page. Ich got Version 2.0.1 through an update in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

David...

When my organization made the download available, PRO was able to find that an update was available.  I know this didn't happen the second the release was announced, but a few days latter.  I don't know if your administrator has to approve the release of new software for download or not.  I would suspect that the organization administrator would be responsible for this, and not esri.  You would want something released within your organization unless you were ready to deal with new versions etcetera.

Worth a check, if you are connected to an organization.

0 Kudos
DavidHofmann
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot,

The Problem is, I am the Administrator and I don't know how I can approve the release of new software.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well, that I can't help with then... sorry... 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

David, can you message me your customer number so that I can look into this?  If when you sign in to My Esri you only see the Pro 1.4 download available, my initial thought would be that you are not current on maintenance.  But I can't tell anything about that without your customer number.  Typically the best route here is to simply call customer service, or if international, your local distributor.  I can see if I can tell anything if you direct message me your customer number.

Thanks

0 Kudos