Unclassed colors: custom range below/over min/max values?

Jump to solution
05-22-2022 06:40 AM
BF_TadejBevk
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to visualize some public poll data on maps. I'd like to use unclassed colors to show average scores for a set of questions. Each question  is a field in attribute table with average score value, and the polygon feature class is duplicated for each question. The color scheme range should be the same for all layers and the min and max value should be the same as in the survey used to gather the data (e.g. 1 - 10).

The problem I am having is that I cannot extend the range above/below the max/min of the actual scores (values) in the attribute table. For example, if for a certain field the values range only from 6 to 9, then the unclassed colors scheme will also be limited to 6 and 9. If I try to manually change, it defaults back to min/max values.

My workaround is to add two rows to the attribute table and use them as "dumy" high and low values in the fields I'm visualizing, but it seems like there should be an option to manually set the color scheme ranges.

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
M_Cichocki
New Contributor

Hi,

You can do it by changing values at symbology pannel. Change value at top and bottom, not those next to arrows. 

M_Cichocki_1-1653552182235.png

Cheers,

MC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
M_Cichocki
New Contributor

Hi,

You can do it by changing values at symbology pannel. Change value at top and bottom, not those next to arrows. 

M_Cichocki_1-1653552182235.png

Cheers,

MC

BF_TadejBevk
New Contributor II

Thank you. Didn't even know those were editable. 

0 Kudos