Unable to sign in ArcGIS Pro with Google - This file does not have an app associated

Jump to solution
09-25-2021 10:40 AM
Labels (1)
RenatoVal
New Contributor

Hello,

I have an ArcGIS for Personal Use subscrition and I am able to log into ArcGIS Online (sign in with Google).

I downloaded and installed ArcGIS Pro on my laptop. When I try to sign into ArcGIS Pro (with Google), a browser tab for the sign in opens and asks me to select an app to open the arcgis-pro links (the only app available is arcgis-pro).

RenatoVal_1-1632590333140.pngRenatoVal_2-1632590368503.png

If I click on Open link (Apri link), I receive the following error message:

RenatoVal_3-1632590461833.png

In the Default App Settings, I cannot find ArcGIS Pro and I don't know how to solve the issue in order to have access to ArcGIS Pro.

Device specifications:
Processor AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 4,00 GB (3,47 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows specifications:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎12/‎09/‎2021
OS build 19043.1237
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RenatoVal
New Contributor

Hello again,

I think that I have finally found a solution.

The issue was related to the browser Firefox. In the top right corner of the browser, I clicked on the menu and selected Settings, then I scrolled the page down to Applications.

Here, we can set up an application to open a content, depending on the file type.

For the file arcgis-pro I have selected ArcGISSignOnHandler.exe

( C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISSignOnHandler.exe )

I can now successfully sign into ArcGIS Pro with Google and everything is working fine.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RenatoVal
New Contributor

Hello again,

I think that I have finally found a solution.

The issue was related to the browser Firefox. In the top right corner of the browser, I clicked on the menu and selected Settings, then I scrolled the page down to Applications.

Here, we can set up an application to open a content, depending on the file type.

For the file arcgis-pro I have selected ArcGISSignOnHandler.exe

( C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISSignOnHandler.exe )

I can now successfully sign into ArcGIS Pro with Google and everything is working fine.