Trouble clipping raster data from living atlas and retaining symbology, processing templates

09-16-2021 03:44 PM
Labels (1)
DanielPhillipsTTU
New Contributor III

I'm noticing that when I clip raster/mosaic data (extract by mask) from a living atlas layer, the clipped result doesn't always retain original symbology (IE all the values get randomly assigned to different colors).  I have tried using the GP tool "Apply symbology from layer" also without luck.  I also notice that all the processing templates are lost after clipping.  Is there a way to preserve processing templates and symbology when clipping, or importing from the unclipped layer that is still loaded into my map?  Screenshot attached.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@DanielPhillipsTTU have you tried making a temporary layer from the image service first? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/make-image-server-layer.htm 

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
DanielPhillipsTTU
New Contributor III

Hello @David_Brooks thank you.  Yes I tried that route, but the extract by mask that I run on the clipped image service layer doesn't appear to be producing a recognizable NDVI layer, still just a garbled mess of random colors.  I try to import symbology from layer (pointing to the original image service layer as the source from which to derive symbology), which doesn't seem to work either.  So frustrating!

0 Kudos