Table to Excel not ending properly

496
14
Jump to solution
06-26-2022 01:29 AM
Labels (1)
LéonRastoul
New Contributor II

I just switched to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and encountered a problem with the Table to Excel function.

When executing the function, it does write the output file (.xlm) successfully, but the process in ArcGIS doesn't stop. This is preventing me from starting any other function. Cancelling the "Table to Excel" isn't really an option, as the cancelling process also takes an infinite amount of time. There is a process in the task manager "ExceltoSQLite64" which has a high CPU usage.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Edit: I've included a Test File in case anyone wants to try with the same file.

Thanks.

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

To install Pro 3, you need the .NET Desktop Runtime 64 bit.  NOT the .NET Runtime, but the Desktop Runtime 64 bit.

You also need the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit driver to access the Excel files.  However, if you already have the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 32-bit driver installed, you will also need the 32-bit .NET Desktop Runtime as well.

So, if you have both Pro and Map installed, you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit version of BOTH the .NET Desktop Runtime, and the MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistrubutable.

R_

 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the output file path? Could you restart ArcGIS Pro and try again?

My ArcGIS Pro is at 2.9.2. Haven't upgraded yet. The tool works fine for me.



Think Location
0 Kudos
LéonRastoul
New Contributor II

It worked fine in the previous version for me as well.

The path is unchanged since the upgrade to 3.0 "C:\Users\X\ModelOutputs\Test.xls". I've also tried to save as an .xlsx.

The only way for me to effectively cancel the Table to Excel process is to restart ArcGIS Pro, so yes, I did multiple times.

If it worked in the previous version, is there a way to go back to it ?

0 Kudos
feralcatcolonist
Occasional Contributor

Also confirming here on 3.0, Table to Excel does not work for either xslx or xls on a standard user profile drive; also in a canceling loop which could not be undone even by trying to close the program, it had to be force quit via task manager. Also saw the same thing with 20% cpu usage by Pro's ExcelToSQLite64 subprocess.

The excel files write almost immediately and are usable afterwards.

This previously worked for me pre-3.0.


Likes an array of [cats, gardening, photography]
LéonRastoul
New Contributor II

Hi, there is a workaround.

Exporting the Attribute Table as a .dbf and then dragging the .dbf into an empty Excel Workbook does the trick.

I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
New Contributor III

I had no problems creating xls or xlsx files using your data in ArcGIS Pro 3, so not much help other than it does work in some circumstances. Both Excel products were created in about 6 seconds. I ran the script on my own shapefiles without problems.

I did notice that just adding your shapefile to a Map threw lock files visible in File Explorer, which is unusual since no processes were attached and I cleared any related geoprocessing history. It doesn't happen with my own shapefiles. No idea why.

0 Kudos
Region_VII_PDC
New Contributor

I am having the same issues with the Table To Excel geoprocessing tool.  The tool creates the designated Excel file (xlsx format) but the tool within in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 continues to show processing.  Canceling the tool process does not resolve the issue.  

ScottvanEeden
New Contributor

Same problem

0 Kudos
MichaelTimmerman
New Contributor

Same problem

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure if this would apply, but I had similar issues on a computer with a newer version of office installed (office 365).

Once I got the right drivers installed (Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016)  (see here), the excel issues went away. (Had to do the silent install)

R_

 

0 Kudos