Retrieve datasets from service

10-26-2021 11:37 PM
EloyBonillaPerez
New Contributor II

Good morning everyone,
I come back to you in search of your wisdom. Given a service I need to obtain the source dataset of each of its layers. To do that I access the service information and retrieve the path of the project, and then I am able to access the project and search the dataset of the layers. My problem is that I do not have access to some of the paths, so I cannot reach the project.
I think there must be an easier way to obtain the datasets directly from the service data but I have not been able to find it.
Do you know if this can be achieved or do you have a better approach?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it a publicly available service? If yes, could you share any link to it for reference?

Think Location
0 Kudos
EloyBonillaPerez
New Contributor II

Hi,

no, sorry. It is a private company service

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

I know there is information about the enterprise geodatabase when viewing the service details from Server Manager and there is an associated manifest.json with it (https://<server>.<domain>/arcgis/admin/services/<yourservice>.MapServer/iteminfo/manifest/manifest.j...). Not sure about the linkage to the layer. Good luck and I'm very interested in knowing this as well because I need to query and build how all the components in ArcGIS fit together for item interdependencies.

0 Kudos