Report structure order

01-30-2023 10:05 AM
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Occasional Contributor III

Why are the Fields in the Report 'Structure' not in the same order (left-to-right) as they are in the Attribute Table and even Page 2/Filter the data of the report wizard?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Craig_Eissler_Iceman 

The order of the attribute fields in the report will match the order of how they are displaying in the Fields Data Design view. To check this, right click on the desired layer in Contents, then hover on Data Design, then select Fields. You can rearrange the order of the fields here, and save the new organization with the Save button. Additionally, you can rearrange the order of the fields while creating the report as a part of Page 2. Simply grab a field, and drag it to drop it in its new place. 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman

Right, I'm saying those two options aren't working for me.

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman

...this is a follow up to my initial question/issue and response.

I now see that the "fields re-ordering" occurs when I choose to "Sort" by a particular field; and that field now becomes the 1st field (on the left).

But, I may NOT want that; I prefer that it stay in the original order.
Is the only solution to go into the report view and drag the field elements around to get back to the original order? ...It doesn't look like dragging them up or down in the Contents does anything...

0 Kudos
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig. Is your data stored in a DBMS? Or a file geodatabase? Within a file geodatabase, you should be able to reorder the fields within the field design view as described, and commit your changes by saving edits. Within a DBMS, I am unsure if the database system itself will influence the field order, but I will see what I can find out. If you continue to have issues, I recommend opening up a case with Esri Support so an analyst can give you more timely assistance. 

Take care,

Taren 

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman

Thanks, Taren, but you may not be understanding my question/issue..?

Yes, the data is in a file geodatabase. But, I do NOT want to re-order the fields in the Attribute Table.

I want to be able to Sort my Report WITHOUT it re-ordering the fields ...Is this possible, is my question?

0 Kudos
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @Craig_Eissler_Iceman 

Sadly the details of reports fall outside of my realm of knowledge. It looks like this documentation may be able to answer your questions, however. If you still have questions after reviewing, I would recommend opening up a support case so that someone who specializes in this area can better assist you. 

Best,

Taren

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman

OK thanks, I have made contact with them, so we'll see 😉

0 Kudos
BranislavBlagojevic
Occasional Contributor II

When will you implement the Groove function in the Report? For almost six years, you have not been able to complete the most elementary reporting functions (similar as in cartography). What you have developed so far in the page design is a playground on the glacier without fences/protection.

0 Kudos
BranislavBlagojevic
Occasional Contributor II

@Taren_Esri I asked something...!

0 Kudos