Regression analysis for time series data

11-26-2022 02:50 AM
KasraJafari
New Contributor

Hi

I have a shapefile with several locations and an excel file with data for each location in 5 years span. Now I want to run a regression analysis for some of variables I have but the problem is that I can not include the variable values of all 5 years in the analysis and only one year of both dependent and independent values can be included in the analysis. Is there a way to do so?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What are the variables? 

What regression are you doing?

Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR) (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Generalized Linear Regression (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and is location one of the variables?

If it isn't, you could do it in excel if both your dependent and independent variables are both their by specifying the appropriate cell ranges for both.  They don't need to be continuous in the spreadsheet.  If that seems confusing, copy and stack the variables in a separate page so that they are.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KasraJafari
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply

I have a shapefile with 3 countries (US, Canada and Mexico) and an excel file like this:

Untitled.png

It has one dependent variable and 3 independent variables for 3 consecutive years. Now I want to run a generalized linear regression analysis (Gaussian). But the problem is that every location on the shapefile only have one value for each variable. For example you can't have 3 Mexicos in one shapefile. Now how should I join the excel and and shapefile to run a regression analysis?

0 Kudos