problems syncing a large geodatabase in one drive

10-14-2021 04:07 PM
Labels (3)
TiffanyHarvey
New Contributor
The issues started when my computer told me that my one drive was running out of space on my computer, so I started deleting geodatabases which I thought were old and not my main project geodatabase. I ended up deleting the geodatabase that had my models. Luckily, I had all my files on my one drive, so I restored my one drive. I thought that would solve the problem. I can see my geodatabases on my online OneDrive, but I can't access them after I synced them on my computer. Maybe the syncing is still working, but that's kind of insane because it's been syncing for around 15 hours. Everything will sync, aside from my large geodatabase (10K items) which has all the files I created for my thesis. 

I tried downloading the databases directly from one drive, but the files just have tons of errors and will not open. 

I have talked with my professor at my university, microsoft support, and esri won't help me directly because I have a student account. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately you might be out of luck as Esri does not support the use of cloud storage options such as OneDrive in conjunction with ArcGIS Pro. The following article provides some more information Problem: ArcGIS Pro and Cloud Storage Services . 

Emily
0 Kudos
TiffanyHarvey
New Contributor

The database automatically was saved to my university one drive and I had not idea about all these issues. I'm hoping IT will work something out. All the work I did over the summer is gone if I can't get this database back from one drive. 

0 Kudos
AletaVienneau
Esri Contributor

Maybe you've tried this already, but you could try accessing your OneDrive content in a browser, selecting the geodatabase or selecting all the files within the geodatabase, and then choosing to download the folder or files. That should give you a ZIP in your Downloads folder. From there you should be able to unzip it and get your file geodatabase back without relying on OneDrive's Sync capabilities.

0 Kudos