Paste Special Feature ArcPro 3.3

Jump to solution
01-31-2023 04:18 PM
Aghyan
by
New Contributor III

There are two specific feature layers that I need to copy a polygon from one and paste to another one by using Special Paste sometimes.
Everything was working fine until I upgraded to ArcPro 3.3.
When I copy the polygon and click Special Paste, I receive this error: "There are no appropriate template."

I was able to use Paste Special for the same feature classes in Pro version 2.7. I still can do that in ArcMap. Is there any new rules for using Paste Special tool in Pro version3.3? Or is it a bug?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - thx!  By chance is one of the layers a selection layer created from the "Selection->Make layer from selected features" right-click contenxt menu?  This would case an error out certainly!

Two resources to review for copying/pasting from the clipboard:

Copy and paste using the clipboard—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Paste Special—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Aghyan
by
New Contributor III

I did two things to make the Select Special work. First, as you recommended, I created a layer from the selected feature. Then, I selected the feature from the new layer on the map (not the attribute table) and pasted it on the target layer without error.
I used to select the features from the attribute table and then paste them in the target layer. Apparently, the new version of ArcPro requires that the feature be selected on the map.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aghyan - question for you.  Is that data in an Enterprise Geodatabase or a File Geodatabase? 

0 Kudos
Aghyan
by
New Contributor III

File Geodatabase.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - thx!  By chance is one of the layers a selection layer created from the "Selection->Make layer from selected features" right-click contenxt menu?  This would case an error out certainly!

Two resources to review for copying/pasting from the clipboard:

Copy and paste using the clipboard—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Paste Special—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
Aghyan
by
New Contributor III

I did two things to make the Select Special work. First, as you recommended, I created a layer from the selected feature. Then, I selected the feature from the new layer on the map (not the attribute table) and pasted it on the target layer without error.
I used to select the features from the attribute table and then paste them in the target layer. Apparently, the new version of ArcPro requires that the feature be selected on the map.

Thanks for your help.