Multipatch to raster

Jump to solution
05-27-2020 11:22 AM
Geir-OveBrandal
New Contributor II

I have a multipatch of a road. In some places the road overlaps with different z values, see attached "bilde1.jpg".

When I run "Multipatch to raster" I want to get the lowest z-value on the raster on these overlapping areas, but I only get the highest z-value, see attached "bilde2.jpg".

My workaround is to split the multipatch and delete the upper road, and then run Multipatch to raster, but this is time consuming.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Multipatch to Raster—Conversion toolbox | Documentation 

you may be stuck ...

The output raster stores the Z values of the input multipatch features at each cell center location. To determine the Z value for each cell, a vertical line is extended from the cell center location to intersect the input multipatch features. The maximum Z value from the points of intersection is assigned to the output raster.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Multipatch to Raster—Conversion toolbox | Documentation 

you may be stuck ...

The output raster stores the Z values of the input multipatch features at each cell center location. To determine the Z value for each cell, a vertical line is extended from the cell center location to intersect the input multipatch features. The maximum Z value from the points of intersection is assigned to the output raster.

... sort of retired...