Mosaic Datasets and Privileges Dialog Box

Jump to solution
05-24-2022 11:01 AM
Labels (2)
RogerDiercks1
New Contributor III

I need to set user privileges for a number of mosaic datasets. When I right-click a mosaic in the ArcGIS Pro catalog tab, I do not see any way to access the privileges dialog box. The privileges dialog box appears as an option for other types of data in this geodatabase when right-clicking.

While I was able to successfully set user privileges using the Change Privileges tool and Python, it would be helpful to access the privileges dialog box to view a mosaic dataset's current user privileges. Is it located somewhere else, or has it been removed as an option for mosaic datasets in the catalog tab?

I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 and the geodatabase is in SQL Server and is version 10.9.1.    

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Roger - I too see this in my ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 and I'm using a PostgreSQL 12.x database for my mosaic dataset.  I can confirm that I can change privileges in the GP tool (did not use Python).  My guess is that it's simply missing from the right-click context menu.  I'd recommend creating an ArcGIS Idea for this item so it gets visibility to the ArcGIS Pro developers.  I know ArcGIS Pro 3.0 is coming out this summer so "maybe" this functionality is in the new release?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Roger - I too see this in my ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 and I'm using a PostgreSQL 12.x database for my mosaic dataset.  I can confirm that I can change privileges in the GP tool (did not use Python).  My guess is that it's simply missing from the right-click context menu.  I'd recommend creating an ArcGIS Idea for this item so it gets visibility to the ArcGIS Pro developers.  I know ArcGIS Pro 3.0 is coming out this summer so "maybe" this functionality is in the new release?

RogerDiercks1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert. I'm glad to hear it's not just me! I agree that creating an ArcGIS Idea is a good idea. I will do that.