Label display problems Arcgis Pro 2.7 e 2.9 with Maplex Engine very slow visualizing

Jump to solution
11-25-2021 03:02 AM
ElenaDi_Simone
Esri Contributor

Hello everyone, I have serious performance problems with version 2.7 but also with 2.9 of ArcGIS Pro, with Maplex Engine the application takes several minutes to show the labels of overlapping points, the only functionality required to maplex is to remove duplicate labels. It's a point layer in a geodatabase file, visualized in Arcgis Pro with the value of a field in the label; if I use Maplex Engine visualization performance is much slower, on the contrary if I don't use Maplex everything is Ok. What can be the problem? The symbology is all standard Esri, the data is in geodatabase files, are there any problems already encountered by someone?

I have not found anything on the net that could help me.

Thanks a lot

Elena Di Simone

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How many points are you trying to label? and how many overlap?

Does this happen with all files? or just this particular layer?

Have you seen Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community  which may provide some guidance on general issues regarding performance.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the general labelling properties are acceptable us it and only use the Maplex Engine should you wish to produce a production quality labelled map.  The Maplex Engine does a lot of work behind the scenes to check the labelling positions and 22K points is a lot for labelling.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How many points are you trying to label? and how many overlap?

Does this happen with all files? or just this particular layer?

Have you seen Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community  which may provide some guidance on general issues regarding performance.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ElenaDi_Simone
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan,

thanks for the reply, it's a point layer derived from a LAS file and it's about 22000 points . If I visualize the labels with the value of a field simply with the Arcgis Pro version 2.7 or 2.9 the performances are good and everything is ok. On the contrary if I use Maplex Engine for the symbology I have to wait at least 5 minutes to get the same result. What do you suggest me?
Thanks a lot
Elena

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the general labelling properties are acceptable us it and only use the Maplex Engine should you wish to produce a production quality labelled map.  The Maplex Engine does a lot of work behind the scenes to check the labelling positions and 22K points is a lot for labelling.

... sort of retired...