Inserting Dynamic Text

Jump to solution
10-20-2021 12:08 PM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi

I am trying to insert Dynamic Text using Count statistic. However, when I put the statistic in my map, I get '0' as the value. 

ScottLouque1_1-1634756730699.png

ScottLouque1_0-1634756700719.png

The value is returning '0' when it should return the number of attributes in the table. 

How do I fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you applied any Definition Query? Do you see records in the attribute table of the concerned layer?

If you can see records, could you add the dynamic text " COUNT" one more time.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you applied any Definition Query? Do you see records in the attribute table of the concerned layer?

If you can see records, could you add the dynamic text " COUNT" one more time.

Think Location
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The count statistic will show the number of all rows in the feature class - in this case - all the rows in the feature class.  So if your FC has 100 rows the count dynamic text will show "Gramercy 100".  If you change all rows to "visible rows" the dynamic text will show you a count of features (i.e. row) in the spatial extent.  If you want to sum of an attribute field within your FC, then you would use the SUM dynamic text in the Table Statistics group.

Now if there is a NULL in any of those fields then this will throw a zero as you noticed.  This has been a reported bug.
DynamicText.JPG