import .osgb to generate .slpk (using Create Integrated Mesh Scene Layer Content) some LOD are missing

05-25-2023 01:09 AM
Labels (1)
YyHong
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to import .osgb to generate .slpk, by using "Create Integrated Mesh Scene Layer Content". The filesize of .osgb is around 80GB. I tried with .osgb of version "91 0x5B 3.1.1" (released in 2012) and "131 0x83 3.4.1" (released in 2017). As shown in the figure, I only import the root node rather than the whole folder. I set the "Texture Optimization" as "Desktop" or "None", and I tried all parameters of "Maximum Texture Size".

I only import the root nodeI only import the root node

But I still encountered some problems. The output .slpk file size changed every time when I perform this operation, even with the same settings. The most important problem is: in some part of the .slpk model, some levels of LOD are missing, especially the level of the highest resolution, which makes the result unacceptable.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YyHong
by
New Contributor II

My ArcGIS Pro version is 3.1

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

If you select only the root node then the tool will generate the slpk based on the references to the children nodes within each osgb file. We have seen in the past that some osgb files may have incorrect references to their children and if that's the case then we cannot generate that node so it is dropped from the output. The only thing I can recommend is to select the folder so that the tool will attempt to use all the osgb files.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
YyHong
by
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try it and update you.

0 Kudos