How to import a map from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-24-2021 05:24 PM
Mikhail
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have a map in my ArcGIS online account and need to add it it to my ArcGIS  Pro project. I searched the help pages, and they all suggested opening a new (or additional) project via a Portal option. The trouble is that when look there all my folders are empty. There is nothing in MyContent, MyGroups etc. despite all my efforts to share the map from ArcGIS Online with my group, organization and even everyone. Could you please tell me what I do wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

@Mikhail yes, like @David_Brooks said... in the upper right corner of ArcGIS Pro you should see your user name and the name of your organization. Like this:

sign-in.png

The user name and organization name must be the same as the ArcGIS Online account where your web map is stored. You may be signed in to a different portal in Pro--or not be signed in to a portal at all.

These help topics may be useful:

Sign in to your organization

Manage portal connections from ArcGIS Pro

View solution in original post

4 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@Mikhail in the too right of pro, is the active portal you're signed in as the agol account you're trying to access, or perhaps a different one that you're using to authenticate you're pro licence? You possibly need to switch the active portal.

Is this a map that you have authored in AGOL yourself, or someone else's? If someone else's, you won't access via mycontent or mygroups. It will be via the organisations groups.

David
..Maps with no limits..
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

@Mikhail yes, like @David_Brooks said... in the upper right corner of ArcGIS Pro you should see your user name and the name of your organization. Like this:

sign-in.png

The user name and organization name must be the same as the ArcGIS Online account where your web map is stored. You may be signed in to a different portal in Pro--or not be signed in to a portal at all.

These help topics may be useful:

Sign in to your organization

Manage portal connections from ArcGIS Pro

Mikhail
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I've managed to export the map! The only problem is that it was imported as a Web Map, and the tools I want to use do not recognise it as a raster dataset. Do I need to convert it to a dataset?

0 Kudos
vivianiom2023
New Contributor

Hi it is quite easy. In the right side, click portal and then your map will be shown there. After that, right click-add and open. So it will be migrated from GIS online to GIS pro.  

vivianiom2023_0-1684472124457.png

0 Kudos