Enterprise geodatabase schema changes do not propagate to map in Pro project until I restart Pro

02-03-2023 10:16 AM
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

I make schema modifications in my enterprise geodatbase, connected to SDE as the schema owner, in the Catalog pane of my Pro project.

The layers in the map of my Pro project are owned by the data owner, who has the add/edit/delete permissions for use in apps.

If I, for example, add a field to my feature class that is the data source for a layer in the map, that field will not appear in the layer properties or the map until I restart Pro.

• I try refreshing the data owner database connection.
  • I try setting the data source again via the Layer Properties window.
  • I re-add the layer to the map from the data owner database connection.

Similarly for management properties, such as adding global IDs, setting versioning type, enabling editor tracking, etc.

The schema change will not propagate to the layer. And if I publish, the changes still are not detected.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I wonder if it has something to do with caching within the Pro client. I think that Pro caching some of the layers information to allow more performant responses in the client.

Interested to see what others say also.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

Have you heard about this happening before?

0 Kudos
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

I have assumed it to be some caching mechanism that is overstepping its boundaries.

0 Kudos