Color disappearing from PNG

Jump to solution
10-24-2021 07:24 AM
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

I created a line drawing in CAD using black, blue, and red. I loaded the drawing into ArcGIS PRO as a PNG. The red and black display as desired, but the blue displays as black. This happened to another PNG with a different color. Any ideas as to what is happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How did you load the CAD file as a PNG? Did you do any conversion?

Do you see any Stretch type applied to the Raster layer (Layer Symbology)? If yes, change the stretch type to "None", and check.

If the issue persists, maybe you could share a sample PNG file for us to take a look.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How did you load the CAD file as a PNG? Did you do any conversion?

Do you see any Stretch type applied to the Raster layer (Layer Symbology)? If yes, change the stretch type to "None", and check.

If the issue persists, maybe you could share a sample PNG file for us to take a look.

Think Location
0 Kudos
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

I save the file as PNG from my CAD software. I then edit it in GIMP to remove the background. When I view the file in the Windows viewer, the colors are correct.

Changing the stretch type worked for the one file. It turned the black to blue. It didn't work for the other, though. There is an orange line that displays as red. I attached that PNG.

0 Kudos
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

I take that back. I did some clicking around and what you suggested has worked for both. I'm not sure what changed, but it's probably part of the bugginess in ArcGIS. Thank you!

0 Kudos