BUG in Pro 2.9 when georeferencing imagery

11-15-2021 06:29 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I've noticed that when you've georeferenced an image and saved it; when you Close Georeference in the menu, the raster disappears from the map frame. If you re-open the Georeference menu from the ribbon, it reappears. Have tried both with PNG and TIFF. 

The only way to make it reappear is to remove from TOC and readd, but at least it's still georeferenced.

Anyone else getting this too, before I report a BUG?

David
..Maps with no limits..
Tags (2)
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you "Save" or "Save As" ?

Some notes about the Close being a modal tab may explain the behaviour if this is what you are experiencing (bottom of the link)

Georeferencing tools—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@DanPatterson this is when clicking Save. 

I don't think it's related to the Close tool being modal, as this is new behavior at 2.9. Worked fine at 2.8.1-3

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Simon_Woo
New Contributor III

Please log a bug for this.  So that we are able to test this in-house with your data.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
py4wildlife
New Contributor III

This issue just happened to me today in ArcGIS Pro 2.9, and several previous versions. After saving georeference the image will disappear. Sometimes clicking it on and off in the TOC brings it back. I now solve the issue by saving the project and reopening it. Most times, the layer becomes visible when activated again.

Z. Smith, Ph.D.
GIS Analyst
0 Kudos
David_Kimball
New Contributor II

I have this problem too, when I georeference an image symbolized with Unique Values (in my case, two-color black-and-white scanned TIFF plans that I symbolize with a color for the foreground and transparent for the white background). I found this thread with an answer: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-raster-images-disappear-or-move-during...

Here's what worked for me: After you click Save and then Close Georeference on the Georeference ribbon, if your image disappears, change its Symbology to Stretch (you may also need to change the Stretch Type to None according to that other thread). The georeferenced image should reappear. Then you can change the Symbology back to the way you had it before and it should continue to draw properly.

It's definitely a bug.

0 Kudos
DanielGluck
New Contributor III

I suffer from the same issue. Non of the solutions mentioned in this post solve the problem for me. 

0 Kudos