Bug: Create view — View name gets cleared when run

01-24-2023 03:48 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

I'm creating a view in a ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 mobile geodatabase.

I've entered the view name. Now, I'll paste SQL into the View Definition (using CTRL+V, since right-click >> paste is greyed out).

Problem: When I run the GP tool, the name that I entered previously gets cleared.

That's not the desired behavior. 

Create view - pasting SQL clears name.gif

Bud_1-1674574449527.png

WITH RECURSIVE cte AS (
SELECT 2023 AS year_

UNION ALL

SELECT year_ + 1
FROM cte
WHERE year_ < 2023 + (10) -1
)
SELECT row_number() over (ORDER BY cte.year_, amount) as OBJECTID, cte.year_, p.amount
FROM cte
LEFT JOIN Projects_MobileGDB p
ON cte.year_ = p.year_

Could that issue be fixed?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It may be related to your indentations.  Try having your blank lines within the common table expression indented the same amount as the other lines.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

@JoshuaBixby 

Good idea. I took an extreme approach by removing all indentations and line breaks:

WITH RECURSIVE cte AS (SELECT 2023 AS year_ UNION ALL SELECT year_ + 1 FROM cte WHERE year_ < 2023 + (10) -1) SELECT row_number() over (ORDER BY cte.year_, amount) as OBJECTID, cte.year_, p.amount FROM cte LEFT JOIN Projects_MobileGDB p ON cte.year_ = p.year_

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same issue. The name gets cleared when I paste in the SQL.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Esri Canada Case 03257552  Create view ... View name gets cleared when run

BUG-000155888 - In the Create Database View geoprocessing tool, the Output View Name parameter is cleared when the first click after entering the Output View Name occurs outside of the tool interface.

0 Kudos