Attribute Table not refreshing after Python script

10-19-2021 07:59 AM
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro version 2.8.3 and after I run a Python script, the attribute table for the layer that the script edited doesn't refresh until I click "Reconcile". Once I click "Reconcile", the attribute table will refresh and show the edits that the script created. The Python script runs the intersect tool and then does a field calculation. I've disabled the cache on the layer and the attribute table refreshed for a day or two after running the script, but now the table doesn't refresh anymore. Is this a bug in Pro or is there something else that is causing the attribute from refreshing?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Kind of tough to comment without a better, more detailed description of your workflow.  I take it this is a versioned GDB; traditional or branch?  Are you running the script as a stand alone or within a Pro session?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Joe. The layer being edited is in a traditional versioned GDB and the script is being run within a Pro session. The workflow is that I add a point with some basic attributes then run the script to populate the rest of the attributes for the point.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hard saying if it's a bug or not since it worked and now does not.  What version are you editing?  I understand that it's "versioned" but do you have additional versions besides default?  

0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

There are 3 child versions under default and I'm editing one of the child versions.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sorry, I'm at a loss here.  May be time to contact ESRI tech support.

0 Kudos