ArcPro Legend will not resize symbols or labels

04-20-2018 01:34 PM
LauraMawhinney
New Contributor III

I am working in ArcPro version 2.0.1 and making some maps.  When I add a legend the symbols and labels are small.  Also, when I resize the legend box the symbols and labels will not adjust to fit.  In the legend properties under arrangement , the fitting strategy is set to "Adjust columns and font size."  What needs to be changed so that the columns and font size adjusts automatically?  Attached are images of the legend with different sizes.

LegendNotResizingSmallLegendNotResizingLarger

Thank you in advance for your response,

Laura##

Tags (3)
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

from here ... http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/layouts/work-with-a-legend.htm ...

the legend properties section gives some options for setting formatting items all at once

LauraMawhinney
New Contributor III

Dan -  Thank you for your comment.  I looked at this section in the help document and yes it will format items all at once.  I worked with this, however, this will turn off and on legend items and size the patch to a width and height etc. 

What I am hoping to find is something in the fitting strategy that will allow the legend items to expand to fit the entire legend.  Currently they will expand to a point and then stop.  Below is a series of screen shots showing the increase until they don't.  I could manually configure each layer size for now, but it would be a time saver if I don't have to do this every time.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I agree.... It seems to lack an 'apply' button

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
LauraMawhinney
New Contributor III

Thank you for the link.  I have voted this up.

NathanMaynard
New Contributor

I have experienced this issue very recently. In keeping with what has been said you must select the individual element you want to adjust and adjust both the TEXT and PATCH (Symbol) for the element selected. I found the attached link to be useful. See the Update Legend Patch Size Section. 

Work with a legend—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop