Arcpro 3.0 Annotation Editing causing software to crash

Jump to solution
08-05-2022 03:45 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I could give a laundry list of issues we have run into with ArcPro 3.0, but the latest is annotations. We have old annotations from previous ArcMap, Arcpro versions, which we then updated using the Upgrade Dataset tool so that we could edit them. However anytime I would do anything from selecting the annotation editing button, changing text alignment, editing annotation text, the software would crash. 

We figured that they were just old and decided to just make a whole new annotation dataset, but that did not solve the issue. Exporting the layers into a brand new database and then making annotations in that database didn't work either (we need feature linked annotations). Crashes happen when editing annotation symbology, text, and text alignment. At one point I couldn't even click on the annotation editing tool without crashing ArcPro.

If anyone else has had this issue, were there any solutions that stopped the crashing? I can only imagine it's just a bug, but that's out of my hands for an immediate work around.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User There is an annotation editing related crash that will be addressed in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1.

-Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User There is an annotation editing related crash that will be addressed in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1.

-Scott