ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 crashing on georeferencing a jpg

Jump to solution
03-23-2023 08:39 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm using Pro 3.1.0. I've had 2 crashes in a row while georeferencing 2 different jpgs. More bugs in 3.1.0? Seems like it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

For anyone having this problem - Esri confirmed this was a bug at 3.1.0 using my 2 crash reports. Thank you, @KoryKramer !

It is fixed now at 3.1.1.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Are you able to post a sample .jpg, and some notes on the steps you are following and the parameters you choose ?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Thank you. Sure, I attached jpg. 

Add to map, Imagery tab, georeference, fit to display, rotate, scale, add control points, click a few control points, Crash. didn't change any settings. Looks like it's on Auto Apply, 1st order polynomial (Affine).

My coworker told me that you can't georeference a jpg or tiff - it will crash. You have to bring the jpg into a .gdb as a raster and then georeference the raster. So - that has been working. But you SHOULD be able to georeference a .jpg not in a .gdb. So I think this should be a fairly reproducible bug.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Pro didn't crash when I tried those steps. Can you give me any more details, eg the Co-ordinate system that your Map using etc

ChrisUnderwood_0-1679676204439.png

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For this particular jpg it's NAD83 StatePlane Missouri East FIPS 2401 (US Feet). I used points within the jpg at the road intersections also not the corners.

I submitted a crash report both times it crashed if you can find that and it's helpful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Pro does not crash, even when I use that coordinate system. Please check your PC meets the specification required, especially the graphics/video card.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/clientapp?refid=1256&appkey=6D681CD0-BA6C-4B6B-9A82-639759CFD0...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

For anyone having this problem - Esri confirmed this was a bug at 3.1.0 using my 2 crash reports. Thank you, @KoryKramer !

It is fixed now at 3.1.1.