ArcGIS Pro 3.03 - Check availabale licenses if not administrator

02-01-2023 12:22 PM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any way to check how many available licenses there are if you're a user that's not an administrator?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What is your licensing model - single, concurrent or named user for ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III
Named user.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Without being an administrator, I don't know of a way to get the count of available ArcGIS Pro licenses.  

0 Kudos
BrianWilson
Occasional Contributor II

"The same ArcGIS License Manager that manages concurrent use ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Engine, and ArcGIS CityEngine licenses will also manage ArcGIS Pro concurrent use, and ArcGIS Pro or Premium App named user licenses through an ArcGIS Enterprise Portal"

If this is true then you should be able to read the output of the lmutil program. I've always used a concurrent licenses so I cannot test the monitor that I wrote with named licenses. It's here in github. https://github.com/Wildsong/arctic-monitor

My monitor runs a web server that can run lmutil and parse the results. As long as the monitor can run lmutil then no one needs Admin rights. It displays a table showing who is using what licenses. Someday when bored I intend to make the results more graphic.

Anyone who can hit the URL can see who is using licenses.

Product: ARCGIS
License server version: v11.18.2

License Total In use Users

ACT10 
ArcGIS Desktop Advanced61
aniles04-2262Wed 2/1 8:46
ArcStorm60 
ArcStorm "enable"60 
ArcGIS Pro Advanced53
bwilson04-2288Tue 1/31 14:30
cirvin04-2289Wed 2/1 8:03
zhunt04-2290Wed 2/1 8:32
Spatial Analyst10 
MrSID add on60 
ArcPlot extension60 
Spatial Analyst Pro10 
LZW add on for TIFF60 

ANYWAY, let's see if any of this information is of any use to you. If you really have a copy of the license manager running then you should also have a copy of the "lmutil" program. I run my license server on a separate Linux virtual machine. In there I would find the utility in ~/arcgis/licensemanager/bin/lmutil.

The docs say it shows up in "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\LicenseManager" on Windows.

If you find it, try running "lmutil lmstat -a" and if that works, paste the output in a reply here.

0 Kudos