ArcGIS Pro 2.5: How to get the “add to display” option checked by default?

06-21-2020 10:51 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: How to get the “add to display” option checked by default when working with model builder?

I couldn’t figure out how to get the “add to display” option checked by default. Is there any setting to add the output layer to the content automatically without the need to “check” it manually each time?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From your previous link....

https://community.esri.com/thread/165377 

Again, the options are

Set Globally...

But did you mark your outputs as "ADD to Display"

ModelBuilder quick tour—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Run the model

1. Click Run in the ModelBuilder > Run ribbon tab to run the entire model.

While the tools in the model are running, a progress window displays to indicate which process is running and any messages. As a model is running, the actively running tool is highlighted in red.

Tools and outputs that are run successfully are displayed with a drop shadow. Any output variables that have been marked Add To Display will be added to the last active map.

... sort of retired...
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

This option is checked by default, nevertheless, the output is not added automatically to the content by default!

Jamal Numan
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

If you make your output distance raster a parameter, does it get added to the map?

Model parameters—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

At all. Setting the output to be a “parameter” doesn’t affect it to be added automatically to content as the tool is run.

Jamal Numan
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I see you have Parameter checked, but from my previous link

Tools and outputs that are run successfully are displayed with a drop shadow.

Any output variables that have been marked Add To Display will be added to the last active map.

... sort of retired...
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I feel that my point is not clear.

If a tool is run in a stand- lone mode (not from a model) then its output is added automatically to the content

If a tool is run from a model builder, then its output is not automatically added to the content and thus we need to check the option “add to display”!

My point here: how to add the output of tools that run from a model automatically to the content?

Jamal Numan
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

See Add to Display

Is it checked on prior to running the model?

... sort of retired...
AndrewLaws
New Contributor

Hi Jamal,

I may have figured out what works for this. I created a model "AddToDisplay_Test" and added the Euclidean Distance tool to it. I picked a random raster dataset to test with the Create Variable functionality. I then right clicked on Output distance raster and selected Add to Display. I saved the model and closed it. I opened my catalog pane, navigated to my project's Default.tbx under toolboxes, right-clicked on Default.tbx, and refresh it. I then reopened the model and the Output distance raster successfully has the Add to Display checked every time.

This kind of idiosyncratic behavior is reminiscent of geoprocessing tools in ArcMap. I hope this helps!