ArcGIS Desktop Student License and ArcGIS Pro

10-16-2021 08:07 PM
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

Hi. I am a student. I recently purchased an ArcGIS Desktop student license and I've read all the documentations about it. As I understood, ArcGIS Pro is included in this license. However, I can't use ArcGIS Pro and I don't know why. I have tried all the solutions I could find in the documentations but the solutions didn't fix my problem.

Here is the pop-up message when I log in on ArcGIS Pro even after I have configured my ArcGIS Online Organization:

"Your account is not licensed for ArcGIS Pro. Please ask your organization administrator to assign you an add-on ArcGIS Pro license or a user type that includes ArcGIS Pro (e.g. GIS Professional)."

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you purchase ArcGIS for Personal Use license? In that case, could you confirm that you can see GIS Professional Advanced (User Type) in your ArcGIS Online> Organization > Licenses?

Think Location
0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

I have purchased an ArcGIS for Student Use license. But I can't see anything indicating that it is a Professional Advanced (User Type).

0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

MeloiMagpantay_0-1634452951392.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

So, you have a Creator User Type. Do you see ArcGIS Pro in the Add-on Licenses section? If yes, you can assign the ArcGIS Pro license to your named user.

Note: According to ArcGIS for Student Use Pricing | Add License to ArcGIS (esri.com), you are eligible for GIS Professional Advanced user type. ArcGIS Pro is included in it, and no need to add it from the add-on licenses section. Please contact Esri Support to update your User Type from Creator to GIS Professional Advanced (at no additional cost).

Think Location
0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

MeloiMagpantay_0-1634469566314.png

I'm really sorry about this but how do I contact Esri Support. It is always not available in a telephone call. I have tried to email them multiple times but haven't got any answer. This request case thing isn't applicable to my account and I don't know why.

0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

By the way, there is no ArcGIS Pro in Add on License.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Assuming you are from The Philippines, you might want to connect the Support tomorrow, as Sunday could be a holiday.

1. Email to support@geodata.com.ph

Don't forget to mention your Customer Number (My Esri) and ArcGIS Online Subscription ID (ArcGIS Online > Organization > Overview)

Esri Support Contact Support

JayantaPoddar_0-1634475344551.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
MeloiMagpantay
New Contributor

I have purchased an ArcGIS Desktop Student License and it is stated that ArcGIS Pro should be included in it. However, I can't seem to find an ArcGIS Pro and can't use it with my license. What should I do with it?

MeloiMagpantay_0-1634521586359.pngMeloiMagpantay_1-1634521597292.pngMeloiMagpantay_2-1634521602479.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As I mentioned earlier, you should have received a GIS Professional Advanced User Type (instead of Creator).

Only the Esri Support will be able to update your user type. Once the update is completed, you should be able to use ArcGIS Pro with same login credentials.

So, just a bit of patience, my friend, and follow up with your regional Esri Support team (write a new email). They will address the issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos