X-Ray for ArcGIS Pro

07-03-2017 07:57 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use X-Ray for ArcCatalog(http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae) a lot and this functionality would be great as an add in for ArcGIS Pro. 

53 Comments
Raj-Chavada

Checked in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.1. Nothing close to X Ray is available. Very disappointing.

How many kudos do we actually need so this can be priotized by the dev team in the future version. This idea has been under consideration for long time? 

NicolasReinhard

I can't work without X-Ray (for ArcCatalog and ArcMap): these tools are essential for analyzing and managing data and maps. X-Ray must be integrated into ArcGIS Pro!

JasonClemis

This is an essential tool that we use for Geodatabase administration and database design. It would definitely be a shame if this tool was not migrated to Pro. The Database Data Dictionary that Xray creates is used on a daily basis as a reference to the Geodatabase

LukeSavage

Now that ArcMap is no longer available in the ArcGIS 10.9 build, can we get a confirmation from esri that this is being worked on for ArcGIS Pro 2.8.x?

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH

Please Esri.... we are asking nicely

MorrellFrancis

I support this idea. X-Ray is a very useful tool. It is somewhat surprising that there is still no replacement functionality in ArcGIS Pro (in 2.7.1 myself).

Aaron_Sapsford

The functionality that X-Ray has is invaluable for GDB design/build and auditing customer schemas.  Pro has a lot of great tools OOTB, but extending the X-Ray functionality is a no-brainer and the icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

TiffanyPuett

It is really frustrating that Esri has been completely unresponsive on this topic, especially with ArcMap being discontinued and no updates have been made to the extension in several years. While I'm glad to hear that this idea is "under consideration", it would really be respectful to give us an update on the status of this. Even a "coming soon" would be nice. Hello! Anyone there?

KoryKramer

Hi @TiffanyPuett We're here and we're listening; it's just that we do not have a status update beyond Under Consideration (see idea statuses) which has been assigned to this idea.  Prioritization of this functionality is being weighed against many other projects and the team has not been able to commit to moving this into a release plan yet, which is what we need to update the status to In Product Plan for you and everyone else interested in this.  

Thanks for the nudge on this thread.  I'm afraid we don't have more of an update at this time, but this is a project that we hope to start work on in the future.

MarkChilcott

Hi @KoryKramer - brilliant tool, and necessary for being able to easily document Geodatabase design.  This sort of function is often overlooked in Product Plans for some other interface tools - when in reality it is a more essential part of design which ultimately more often leads to the success of a project, especially larger Enterprise solutions.  Too often in GIS this type of tool is overlooked.  Nothing can substitute for good planning, and communication of the plan.