Open table properties from attribute table to determine source

03-30-2023 02:21 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Regarding tables that have been added to the map/Contents pane:

In the attribute table, could we have the option of opening a table's properties by right-clicking on the table name tab?

Video:

That would give us a way to view the table's source directly from the attribute table — for cases when multiple tables with the same name (but different sources) are open in the attribute table. For example, if I have a main.RoadInspTable open from mobile geodatabase 1. And a table with exactly the same name open from mobile geodatabase 2. How to know what table you're editing, etc.?

Yes, we could close the tables, then re-open them from the Contents pane, and mentally keep track of which is which. But it might be better to determine the table's source directly from the attribute table.

There are comments about this idea in Visible path for open table [table not in Contents].

5 Comments
by Anonymous User

Perfect idea, I agree! thank you!

wayfaringrob

Great idea, perhaps also a hamburger-menu option to 'reveal source in catalog'

Bud
by

A related half-idea that came to mind:

Tie the attribute table tab to the layer/item in the Contents pane. Such as flash or select the Contents layer when the user clicks the corresponding tab in the attribute table. Or something better.

I'm not necessarily saying that's a good idea. It's just something that came to mind that might be worth considering.

KoryKramer

@Bud in terms of some sort of indicator of what tables are associated with which map views, we are watching this idea which gets at that https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/only-show-attribute-tables-of-active-map-in-arcgis/id... 

Bud
by

Thanks @KoryKramer.