Display all known BUGS and their status online for ESRI users to view

02-10-2022 09:59 AM
Labels (1)
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

There have been multiple occasions where I have come across issues in ArcGIS Pro and other ESRI products and searched for relevant documentation or solutions, but with no useful results. After subsequently posting in the Community or contacting Technical Support, these are sometimes known BUGS, with no public information on them. Valuable time is repeatedly wasted by users searching for issues they come across that are known to be BUGS by ESRI, but with no or limited information publicly available - leaving users in the dark. Similarly the time of ESRI staff in the Community and via Technical Support must regularly get wasted responding to the same issues being raised. 

I propose that it would be useful for users and ESRI staff alike to make details of all BUGS available publicly to ESRI product users so that less time is wasted searching for error solutions. updates or information.

As an example, today I came across an issue with Select Layer By Attributes in ModelBuilder when using Scheduled Tasks. This is a known BUG (BUG-000131693), but with no public information about it. Only by posting in the community and getting a response from an ESRI staff member was it possible to get some information. It would have been much easier if googling the issue came up with the BUG details.

14 Comments
DataOfficer

@KoryKramer thank you for the added detail. 

It would be very useful if the technical support knowledge base results came up using a search engine, similar to esri community posts.

HollyTorpey_LSA

@KoryKramer I can't find BUG-000150564 (Exporting PDF's from ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and combining them in Adobe causes them to turn blank). I read about it in this post and would like to know what the status is. Any tips on finding that information? Thanks in advance!

KoryKramer

Hi @HollyTorpey_LSA It just hasn't been published yet - it is probably in copy review.

Here is the status, though. We have a fix for it in the 3.1 codebase and are looking to get it included in the first patch for Pro 3.0. That is targeted for mid-August. I can't give any guarantee at this point in time, but that is the plan. I apologize for the inconvenience on this one, but hopefully knowing the status on a fix is helpful.

Cheers

HollyTorpey_LSA

Thanks so much for the update, @KoryKramer!