ArcGIS Pro 2.9: Having a tool to plot xy by clicking on the map,

01-09-2022 09:45 AM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9: Having a tool to plot xy by clicking on the map,

It would be great if the Pro is enhanced to have a tool to plot xy by clicking on the map

Currently, the xy can be plotted if only searched by the “go to xy” and “locate” tools

Clip_29.jpgClip_30.jpg

8 Comments
IlkaIllers1

If I have a lot of points I usually put them in a table and plot all of them at the same time by right-clicking at the table -> "Display x,y data". 

But for adding singular points without the hassle of first having to put them in a table - I agree, would be great to have!

JamalNUMAN

How about 3.0?

JamalNUMAN
KoryKramer

You could set up a label expression to display the X,Y of points you drop on the map.

Quick sample:

"X: " + Geometry($feature).x + TextFormatting.NewLine + "Y: " + Geometry($feature).y

KoryKramer_0-1659357002487.png

JamalNUMAN

I’m not referring here to labeling an existing xy points. What I wanted here is just to click in the map to get the xy displayed (you don’t have a feature class that contains point)

For example, can you click on the marked location in the screenshot below to get its xy coordinates displayed?

Clip_1003.jpg

KoryKramer

You can right-click > What's Here

KoryKramer_0-1659445861086.png

and get the coordinate information at that point in a popup. The coordinates can also be copied

KoryKramer_1-1659445936248.png

The limitation is that this supports one point at a time. Can you describe your workflow? Do you need to click on multiple points to display their coordinates temporarily on the map? Do you need to do anything with those coordinates afterwards (like paste them into another system)? What are the display coordinates used for?

Thank you

JamalNUMAN

Actually, three limitations

• The point identified is not labeled with its xy coordinates
  • Multiple points can’t be identified
  • Two symbols are displayed

Clip_1010.jpgClip_1011.jpgClip_1012.jpg

JamalNUMAN

Not implemented even in 3.0.2

we need just to click o the map to have the coordinates labeld on the mop

Clip_33.jpg