Add "Recent Places/Quick Access" option in ArcGIS Pro

06-29-2017 11:03 AM
Labels (1)
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

When adding data or an item into Pro, there needs to be a way to quickly access "Recent Places" like you can in ArcMap or Windows Explorer and many other applications (MS Office, etc). Every time I need to find an item on my computer/network via Pro I have to drill down through all of my network drives/folders even though in ArcMap/Windows Explorer I can just hit the "Quick Access" button (formerly Recent Places but renamed in Windows 10). It seems strange that Pro doesn't offer this same option aside from opening a Recent Project when you first open the program. 

8 Comments
DuncanHornby

Don't know if this is a version "thing" but Pro 2.0 offers a project folder which if you have already connected folders to offers that quick link you are looking for.

Add data dialog in Pro 2.0

ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Try adding a folder to your project and you still have to drill down to find it the first time. Recent places link would make that much easier! The Folders connection in your Project has always been part of Pro, it's not new with 2.0. It doesn't solve the same issue I am addressing with this idea so please remove the down vote on this post.

curtvprice

I like this idea, and voted it up -- but wanted to note that I can save a lot of browsing by setting default new project locations in the application settings window, I also create favorites so I can get to my favorite spots in the Catalog pane quickly.

Change project settings—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Manage project favorites—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

MollyBarth

The functionality to have access to the Windows 'Quick Access' folders is truly missed.  

I feel like I waste so much time and mouse clicks navigating to folders in Pro. With hundreds of projects across just as many folders, it is really frustrating.  Please add back access to Windows Quick Access folders! 

Robert_LeClair

There is an enhancement request ENH-000120724 to add this functionality (hopefully) in a later release of AGP.

JohnWatt

Would be great if the Export Map dialog had a 'Home ' button to take you straigt to the project folder too.  Was part of  ArcMap, but didn't make it to Pro. Great time-saver.

This fella: 

Discussed here (duplicate)

https://community.esri.com/ideas/15177-better-version-of-the-pro-windows-file-explore

NaicongLi
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and (4:15) in the video.